- 18 Input / 8 Output
- 4 Microphone Preamps with “Air” Feature
- Phantom Power
- 2 Headphone Outs
- Expandable via ADAT Input
- S/PDIF I/O
- Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle
- Mac OS X
The Clarett 4Pre from Focusrite is a Thunderbolt audio interface that combines 24-bit/192 kHz digital conversion, with four microphone preamps that can model the sound of the company’s transformer-based ISA preamps using the “Air” effect. The Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickups, and the 1.38 ms round-trip latency simplifies workflow and allows for the use of favorite plug-ins in real time. Each of the four front panel inputs includes a “Gain Halo”, an illuminated ring around the gain control that lights up green when there’s signal present and red when it’s too high. There’s a main monitor knob plus dual headphone outputs with independent volume controls.
Focusrite Control is a software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, the software offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. The interface comes with the 64-bit AAX, AU, and VST compatible Red 2 and Red 3 plug-in suites. Also included is the Softube Time and Tone Pack. Modeled after the Drawmer 1973 FET Stereo compressor hardware, the Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor is a plug-in that aids in balancing and shaping a mix. TSAR-1R Reverb adds space, depth, and width to a sound. Tube Delay is an echo effect that can go from clean to rude by overdriving its three modeled tube stages – delivering everything from realistic room echoes, to rockabilly-style slap back, to dub reggae echo. Saturation Knob is a modeled output distortion unit that adds grit and warmth.
- Four Clarett preamps
- “Air” feature switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA microphone preamp
- Microphone preamps deliver EIN of -128 dB
- 118 dB A/D and 119 dB D/A dynamic range
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz sample rates
- Thunderbolt technology ensures extra-low round-trip latency
- Detailed metering
- “Gain Halo” illuminated rings around the gain controls light up green when there’s signal present and turn red when the level is too high
- Expandable over ADAT
- AAX Native, Audio Units, and VST 64-bit Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time and Tone Bundle with Drawmer S73 Intelligent Master Processor, TSAR-1R Reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.